Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shorts, Work Woes, and Possible Relatives

So, I'm doing five little shorts for a contest on the Young Writers Society. I've already gotten two of them done, and am working on the other three.

Work is going well. One of the managers says that I'm probably going to stick around as long as I need to, which will be sometime in August. Hopefully then I'll get to go see my girlfriend. She lives in New York, so this job is paying for a lot of that.

Work is also taking a lot of time out of my writing/internet time. I've been writing during school, so I've not been out of that too much. But it's been detracting from my activities on the Young Writers Society. Thankfully, next week I'll have more time off, so I'll be able to focus more. But for now, I feel rather useless.

I told my girlfriend that a friend of mine from Young Writers Society shares the same last name as me. She asked, "Well, are you two actually related?" I don't think we are. My dad says he doesn't think we have any family in Oregon, where my friend lives. I do intend to ask my grandma though. She's more knowledgeable about that sort of thing, since she's done the family genealogy twice. It would be interesting. I still don't think we're actually related, but if we were, it would be one of those mind-bending things. Being related to this guy would be fairly awesome, since he's a stellar writer and has better taste than me in many things,

No comments:

Post a Comment