Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rengas and Gift Books

On Friday night, I'll be getting together with some other people from the Young Writers Society to do some renga poems. Rengas are basically long, collaborative versions of haikus. The people I'm getting with are very good at poetry, and I feel somewhat out of place amongst their talent. Hopefully I'll be able to provide some good contributions to the effort.

Finished The Lord of the Rings today. It's just as good as I remember it being. Very few books are able to make my hair stand on end when I read them. But these books, especially The Return of the King, do that to me. Almost every time King Theoden of Rohan speaks is a moment of awesome, no lie. Now I'm starting on this book called Deep Secret, by Diana Wynne Jones. My girlfriend got it for me, because she wanted to get me something and asked me what. So I looked on Amazon and chose this because it has centaurs in it. There's one right on the cover, jumping over a crowd of astonished onlookers. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment