Monday, April 6, 2009

Being Prolific

Sent off some more works to more magazines yesterday. You'd think I would have run out of things to submit by this time, but not at all. In fact, I may go through my stuff again tonight and see if there's anything else. ;)

Started a new short story today, "Why I Hate Antiques." It's about this guy who has a nasty experience with a gold bug broach. If I'm lucky, I'll get it done by Wednesday. I also have a story that takes place right after my NaNo, covering a certain royal wedding. And, if my girlfriend fixes up the first chapter of Canter, I'll get to work on the second. And, I dug up an old collab that fell apart and asked someone else if they want to help me continue it. She's still thinking about it, though she likes the idea.

I just realized how incredibly prolific I am. Other people have told me this before, people from YWS, but I never really realized just how much writing I do. And I do it all at once. Most people usually have to do things one project at a time. Me, I've got several going at one time.

I don't really think that's a bad thing though. I have a talent for writing, and I'm decent most of the time. Why should I just sit back and play Harper Lee when I could keep going? If I can still write words on paper, and I still have ideas floating around in my head, then I'm going to write. Plain as that.

Though the writing is cutting into my school work. When the teacher is giving the lesson, or when we're supposed to be working on a project, I'm writing away in a notebook. I don't see much wrong with it, I still make decent grades. But my parents see something wrong with it, so I try to make them happy, and I end up getting all antsy. I'm not pleasant when I'm like that, and my parents don't like it when I'm like that. I do try. I just try on my writing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment