Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lord of All Horses, and Tolkien

So, I'm working on the story about the son of a god still. This will probably end up being around the same length as Hearts in the Sea, somewhere around 50k words or so. As for a title, I'm thinking "Lord of All Horses", since that's the official godly title that has been given to the main character, Hipperion, son of Urizen. No, it's not the Urizen from William Blake. And don't accuse me of copying him. He's public domain now. :P

I'm reading The Lord of the Rings again. The last time I read it might have been in seventh grade. Course, I've seen the movies in between, but movies still can't compare. Someone told me I ought to read the Harry Potter series, but, truth be told, they've never really interested me. Tolkien has always appealed to me more, because of his overall sense of scope. When he writes, he writes on a grand scale, something that I hope to emulate.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read them since about then either. I really should go back, just to see if I find them more readable now. I probably couldn't appreicate them so much back then.

    ReplyDelete