Saturday, April 11, 2009

Worldcon, Rejection, and Goo-Balls

I just might be going somewhere during August.

Worldcon.

There are about three other dudes from the Young Writers Society who are planning to go, and I have been told that I can meet up with them there. That's the only reason I'll go, if someone else is going with me. It's going to be fairly awesome, I assure you.

I don't have to worry about that accidental double submission anymore, because the most recent place I submitted it to rejected it. But, the first place is still considering it, so it's really no great loss.

I've been playing World of Goo lately. It's an awesome little game. You have these little balls, called Goo, and you have to use them to build a pathway to these pipes for the rest of their Goo brethren. The whole thing has a rather Seussical feel to it, which I find rather appealing, and some of the puzzles it presents you are genuinely challenging. One kid in my class, Schomber, beat it and declared it the hardest game he had ever played. Granted, he doesn't play anything that challenges his grey matter much, but he's also fairly smart anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment