Friday, April 3, 2009

A Beginning

Hello, people of the world wide web. My name is Conrad. I'm an aspiring writer from a red dirt oil town in Oklahoma.

Strange, you say, that a writer might come from a place like that. Well, it gets even stranger. You may expect someone from this locale to write about farm life or working in the oil field. Not me. I write fantasy, science fiction, biopunk, magical realism, and something I like to call science fantasy. Anything else just doesn't work.

Though I am a writer, I won't limit myself to just talking about that. There are other facets to my life. I am in a relationship with a wonderful girl. It's tough, since she's in New York and I'm here, but I'm dedicated to making it work. She's worth it.

I will also not be remaining in Oklahoma for much longer. Starting in September, I will be attending college at Hawaii Pacific University, in beautiful downtown Honolulu. I am absolutely thrilled at a chance to get out of the boondocks and into the real world. I'm hoping I can stay on top of my classes and not get distracted by my writing or the wonderful girl. :)

I'm hoping I can remember to update this blog enough so that people will actually be interested in it. I have a rather bad habit of starting things and then forgetting about them. I think I had a LiveJournal that met that fate. Here's hoping this blog will stay above that.

3 comments: