Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fanfiction and Haiku Blurb

Normally, I hate fanfiction. The people who write it, more often than not, screw with characters that I have grown to know and love in horrible ways.

But, I just had an idea for one.

For a while, Marvel has periodically been turning out The End comics. Basically, they take one hero, and explore what is going on at the end of his life. The only exception so far is Spider-Man, but he had Spider-Man:Reign, which was the same thing.

Also on the Marvel front, I have been very disappointed with the treatment of Venom recently. They took the symbiote from Eddie Brock, who was THE Venom, and gave it to some other flunky who cries about how the thing possesses him all the time, rather than taking some initiative and trying to beat it like Brock did. And he's impersonating Spider-Man, so that's also retarded.

Herein comes my fanfiction idea. Venom: The End. For this, we throw out all the new canon with this new Venom. It's back to Brock. Eddie Brock is the Venom here. Perhaps he's still nursing a grudge against Spider-Man, perhaps not. It doesn't matter. Spider-Man is dead. New York City has fallen into lawlessness and decay due to cataclysmic events. And Carnage, Venom's spawn that has remained unseen for a long while in the regular Marvel Universe, is trying to usurp control of the city. And who stands in his way? Venom, with Eddie Brock still kept alive by the symbiote.

I actually want to try and write this. One of my dream ideas is, when I get more published, to write something for Marvel. This would be what I would want to write. Venom is my favorite Marvel character, when he's trying to be a hero, anyway, and that hasn't happened in a while. I may just write this out.

I've been doing some haikus for NaPo, since they're rather short and I can get the 5-7-5 syllable thing down, and still kind of work in a reference to a season. Though, I still have to say that they are very confusing if you are trying to work out what they might mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment