Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Movie Scenes, Rejection, and Vignettes

So, I think I have two additions for the list of "Coolest scenes in movies ever." The first one is from the Two Towers, and it's the scene where the Ents, big tree people, march on a wizard's fortress to rip it apart. It's awesome because, not only is it basically a huge forest going to war, but it's the last battle this race will ever fight, since there haven't been any baby Ents for ages. So it's all the Ents period, showing up to kick some serious ass.

The other one is from Return of the King. It's when Frodo and Sam are trying to climb Mt. Doom, to finally get rid of the Ring. They've already come across most of Mordor, and if that isn't bad enough, the Ring is weighing down on Frodo. They make it to the base of the volcano and fall down. Frodo says he can't go on anymore, because the Ring is so heavy on him. Then Sam says "Then let us be rid of it, once and for all. I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you." And then he picks up Frodo and carries him on his shoulders all the way up the freaking huge volcano. It's awesome.

Another rejection notice came in for one of my stories. I've still got three or four out there though, so I'm still not terribly worried.

I finally turned in my research paper for English IV, my high school class. I've decided to forgo writing a new essay for my college class and simply turn this one in for that class too. These papers are all too much work for me. I hate nonfiction. Fiction is so much better.

Speaking of fiction, I've decided to put together a bunch of the little monologue vignettes I've been writing into a little chapbook or something. Of course, I'll need a few more before I can do that. I have some ideas though, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment