Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trilby

So I passed 30k in my NaNo yesterday. Yay for me! :)

So, anyways, I am going to try to knuckle down on my paper. Note the word try in that last sentence. Basically, at this moment, I don't want to do it at all, because I dislike being made to rethink my paper. But, I suppose I'll get to it at some point.

My trilby, a kind of hat, is sitting uselessly on my desk, along with a ton of other random papers and books. Basically, my half of that desk looks horrid. But I don't care. It's one less thing I have to worry about, and the guy with the other half doesn't care so long as it doesn't cross the half way mark. And it hasn't. So, he doesn't care.

Anyways, the trilby. It really was a dumb investment. For thirty bucks, I could have gotten some books down at the bookstore. What did I end up getting? A hat that I never wear, cause I have nothing that it goes with, really. I'll probably wear it with my nice clothes on the way home, just to get some use out of it. Oh well. Live and learn. Hopefully I'll get ahold of some stuff to wear it with, someday.

The word 'trilby' is kind of cool though, not gonna lie. It's part of the pseudonym that I want to adopt when I start publishing. Harold Saxon Trilby. Rather unique and slightly Anglican sounding. Which is what I'm aiming for.

Also, reading "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" again as I'm writing my NaNo. It's still just as good as always. And, no, I'm not any closer to memorizing it, haha. No time for that at the moment.

Hands are hurting while I type. I worry about this. I've heard about how a couple of people from YWS have carpal tunnel syndrome. Needless to say I don't think I want that. So, I'll be shopping for handwraps tomorrow, to see if I can't wrap up my hands and stop this before it becomes carpal tunnel.

Need to cash my birthday money tomorrow as well. Gonna go over to the bank and check on that. There's a First Hawaiian not too far from campus, only a couple of blocks or so. That'll be where I see how to do this.

Kind of looking forward to going home and relaxing a bit. And, yes, I will consider having a job for all of three or four weeks to be relaxing. I have one waiting for me, hopefully, if the manager that was there when I left still is there. Which reminds me, I need to get a postcard and send it to them. I already sent one, but I figure sending another one won't hurt one bit.

Trying not to think too much about what lies ahead for me. If I do that, I start to worry and not function properly. Living in the moment is really the best thing you can do for your personal well-being, I'm finding out. Because if you worry about something that's far off, it'll bite you. I'm seeing it happen in a few people I know. I'm not advocating being lazy, oh no. But what I am doing is not worrying about the paper being due in two weeks, and instead just seeing what I can get done on it today. If I think about the time constraint too much, I'll freeze up.

NaNo is progressing well. I had to step up when certain events happen, like make the "huge destroying army" that wasn't supposed to show up for a day after Keith arrives in Sea Heaven in the story's narrative show up a few hours after the MC arrives. How convenient. And he remarks on it! For a simple Oklahoma boy, he's a rather perceptive person in that regard. But yeah, I think I'll be able to bounce forward now. Though, in the final draft, I will add a day there. Because, it seems stupid for the world destroying army to conveniently arrive then. I need to set it back by at least a day.

Guh, need sleep, rest, whatever. Tomorrow ought to be fairly easy, minus getting the money. But even that will be pretty painless. It will be somewhat time consuming, but relatively painless.

No comments:

Post a Comment