Monday, November 16, 2009

Paper, Shark, and NaNo

So, I got that stinking rough draft and works cited paper done. I turn it in tomorrow and then sweat until I get it back. Literally, not figuratively.

Got my wallet and keys stolen last Friday while I was snorkeling with a class. We had to leave our stuff on the beach, and some guy ran off with my backpack. It's all good though. The wallet and keys were the only valuables in there. And, I saw a shark while snorkeling. Yes, you heard that right. There was a shark in the water while I was snorkeling. It was awesome. I can now say that I have swam with a shark.

Now that the paper is done, I may return to my NaNo. I have neglected it these past two days while I slaved over the horrid non-fiction. But, now all that horribleness has gone away, and I may return to the story of Keith Huge. The words are already flowing along like they did before.

Lately I have had lots of ideas for stories. I'm just going to vomit some of them out to you.

-a story with a girl, who is wearing a white dress, and a boy, who is wearing dark shorts, by a stream in some ruins in a jungle
-the literary equivalent of a spaghetti western, except with centaurs
-a one-shot story featuring Keith Huge and some malevolent unicorns
-a one-shot story about Keith Huge going through a cave of spirits and being guided by Sherlock Holmes
-a one-shot story about Keith Huge (yes, he's a favorite of mine) meeting Jesus in the desert before the latter is tempted by the devil
-a story about the death of Cunningham, that one character from a previous blog post

Also, I'm thinking the Varia story may be scrapped until much later. I have other things that I've had kicking around in my head for longer that I need to write first. It'll be a later project.

No comments:

Post a Comment