Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NaNo Completion, Web Serial, and Feast

Well, I got to 50k yesterday. I feel very accomplished now. Though, of course, the story is very much far from over. I think I'm just over the halfway mark, hopefully. Sometimes the plot feels a bit dynamic still, and I wonder if I will end up adding a few more scenes than I planned. Hopefully everything will stay as it is and it won't get any longer. But, you never know.

Got an urge to do a web serial. For this, I would open up a new blog thing, and I would post a chapter of a story every week. It wouldn't be very long at all, maybe 1k or so. For the average writer with a goal of 1k per day, that's not too bad at all. I have a couple of ideas that I'll be stewing over, and I'll give you guys an update when I decide what the definite one is.

Going to also try to work away at A Feast of Specters, which is the name I have decided upon for the companion story to An Iron Sea. I wish I could work the word "an" in as the title for this one too though. It's an aesthetic choice, really. I like the way "an" sounds at the beginning of a title like that. I may tinker with the title a little to get that desired effect, just so that it will be a bit more like An Iron Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment