Saturday, August 22, 2009

North Korean Mega Monsters

Random Link of the Moment: An overview of a centaur race for a role-playing game. Because I happen to think centaurs are the coolest race ever.

Took a small break from An Iron Sea today. Getting close to a climax/conclusion though, which makes me very happy. This is only the first draft, but I'm still anxious to get it done. It will represent the second long term project I've managed to stick with, and as such will be a big accomplishment.

My next project will probably be some kind of YA book, the first in a series, most likely. Not going to say too much about it, only that it's heavily inspired by a certain franchise and that I have to tone down my fandom if I don't want to get sued. :P

Diesel, my sister's cat, is currently running about and looking very silly. No doubt it's all very important stuff that a stupid boy such as myself can't understand, but that is perfectly clear to a little girl kitten. :P

Hawaii is now less than two weeks away. I've been spending quality time with the family, enjoying what time I have left with them before I am thrown out into the great big world to fend for myself. I know that I'll miss them all by my lonesome self. I'm also going around saying goodbye to people I know. I go back to Alco on Tuesday to say goodbye to everyone there, and on Friday I go to the old high school and say goodbye to everyone there. The way I'm running it, you'd think I was going off to a war and I wasn't coming back. But, lots of people know what I'm up to, and they know what a big deal this is for me and a lot of other people. The fact that I'm going around and personally saying goodbye to them is a good thing, I think. :P

Truth is, there are probably some things that I will miss about Oklahoma. Snow is always fun when it comes, even though we never got out of school for it and it doesn't stay around long. I always like being with family for holidays. This year, Christmas and New Years are all I get with them. Believe me that I'm going to be enjoying those times as much as possible.

Random factoid: The leader of North Korea once kidnapped a movie director and made him direct a movie about a Godzilla-type monster. The director and his wife ended up escaping by utilizing a plan that somehow involved a taxicab chase in Vienna. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment