Monday, August 24, 2009

College Creeping Close

In one week, I head down to Dallas so that I can catch a nonstop flight to Honolulu the next week. Just so that peeps are aware of things, don't expect me to be on in much of any capacity for a while after that point. How long is a while? Probably going to be close to two weeks or so, while I get settled in. But, if all goes well, I ought to be back just like before. :)

Been saying goodbye to people and preparing myself for my journey. Hawaii is very far from where I am now, and it's really starting to sink in for me just how much I will be on my own out there. It's exciting and terrifying all at once. But I wouldn't change it at all. This is an opportunity to get out into something much bigger and grander than anything else I've experienced so far. To me, this is the biggest make it or break it that has ever come my way, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

An Iron Sea is coming along well. I think I've got about 5k left in it, maybe a little more. I hope to get it done before I leave, that way it's not weighing me down. But if I don't, I do have an eight hour plane ride to finish it up on.

I just have to wait now. I think that's the hardest part. When I get there, everything will be clear and I'll be able to start making plans. But here and now, I don't know enough to be able to do that. Oh, sure, I could read up on things and ask people how they did things in college. But, it's the feelings I don't know. I don't know the feeling of being in college or the feel of being in Hawaii. Once I know that, once I manage to integrate myself more fully, things will be just fine and I'll be able to plan out what I need to do with near-impunity. But, for now, I'm still shaking in my boots a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment