Monday, November 2, 2009

Abide With Me

I really like the Japanese poetry we learned about in World Literature. Trying my hand at some waka was quite interesting, and I like the result. Hopefully my teacher will as well.

I would like a chance to blog about something personal for a moment, if that is all right with you all.

There are a great many things that I would like to not lose in this world. These are things that make my heart ache at just the thought of a world without them. And, sometimes, when that possibility becomes very real, I find that my heart aches greatly. But I do not know what to do. I pray to God, but I have a hard time believing that he will preserve that which I love dearly. I know he can, and I want to give this up to him, but I find it very hard to let go of this particular cross. I don't even know if it should be my cross, and yet its burden is one I am very loath to relinquish.

There, that's all I wanted to say on the personal front. Thank you for letting me say it.

NaNo is going well. I'm not as far ahead as some people, but I am a good distance ahead, and will do my best to increase that distance tomorrow. I also need to do some algebra, and some writing though, so it may be that I only get to work on it later in the evening. I will work on it though, and get at least 2k churned out. I rather like being ahead of the bare minimum. I'll also probably look forward to the weekends this November, so that I can really get ahead.

My editor, yes, I have an editor now, sent me back an edited version of an early story of mine called Terror Train. She pointed out some places where it could be improved, and I patched those up. She's sending it off to Science Fiction and Fantasy at some point, and will look at another one later. I need to find a way to pay her back, really. She's doing all of this for free, and is being very resistant when I suggest paying her back. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Revisited a bit of my childhood this weekend. Found an old clip of the opening to Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. I loved that show back in the day. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it featured Kevin Sorbo as Hercules as he wandered the earth battling the minions of his wicked stepmother Hera, the all powerful queen of the gods. And where ever there was evil, where ever an innocent would suffer, there would be Hercules. It was quite an awesome show, and I always enjoyed watching it when I was a little kid. Seeing the opening sequence again made me feel really good and nostalgic.

Now, I must sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment