Friday, September 4, 2009

:P

Sorry I haven't made a new blog post in like, forever. I've totally been running around the wonderful island of Oahu, doing many interesting and wonderful things. None of them are writing related, unless you count me buying a collection of 16th century poets and a collection of Robert Browning's poetry. *loves 'Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came'*

All in all, I am settling into college very well. Ordered my books today, first thing after I woke up. Going to go about and see where my classes take place so that I will not be wandering about like a chicken with its head cut off on that first Tuesday. Yes, I start class next Tuesday. *is somewhat terrified* I'm also rather hopeful though, seeing as how all my classes appear to be somewhat interesting. Except for the algebra, of course, but that's just because I'm horrible at it.

The land here is amazing. There are misty green mountains that are bathed in sunlight first thing in the morning. There is a rugged coastline where the water slams into great jagged rocks with sound and fury. There are many strange and new birds singing every morning, a wonderful wake-up call. I can understand why they call Hawaii paradise now. It really does fit. You might think you understand just how wonderful a place like this is, but you really can't until you are standing here and looking at it all. It's a marvelous locale.

More later. Things to do now. :)

-Conrad Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment