Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hawaii Randomness

So classes have started and that means work. I just finished scrambling at the last minute to get something done, though that's probably not the last time it's going to happen, given my track record, haha.

Had a bug bite turn infected on my leg. Went to the doctor about it and he gave me some prescriptions that will take care of it. He said to be sure to take it when it's prescribed, since infections are somewhat violent in the tropics. So I'll be sure to do that. It's got me worried enough that I don't think I'll forget.

Working on some story ideas. One involves the end of the universe. The other involves the Mormon idea of Kolob, a place(usually a planet) closest to God's throne, a huge spaceship from nowhere, and a secret shuttle mission to it. Hopefully, awesomeness will come from both of these ideas. And that would make me very happy.

An Iron Sea is on temporary hiatus, while I settle into school. No, I didn't finish it before I got here, sad to say. But it will get finished. It's too near the end to just call it quits now. I will get it wrapped up. Maybe in a couple of weeks or so, when I've gotten adjusted to my schedule a bit more.

On Friday, I have a class that ends around 5:30. That same day, at that same time, they're showing Blade Runner, with a science fiction pop quiz before they show it. This excites me, since I am a nerd. But, at the same time as that, there is also an activities carnival. There is supposedly a Marine Mammal Club on campus, as well as some other popular culture clubs and things. This also makes me very happy. So, decisions. I will probably end up going to the carnival first to sign up for things, then arrive late at the Blade Runner showing. I'll probably miss the quiz, but catch the movie. Which is fine. True, I would like to do the quiz, but, I haven't seen Blade Runner at all anyway, so there's still something to be had from that.

Random fact: When you look at a map of Oahu, the nearest town to my college appears to be in walking distance. This is a form of trickery. It is too far to walk, or, too far for sane people to walk. Also, I discovered that I am insane today. Weird, huh? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment